I hadn't yet installed the pulled rivets to each end of the trim tab. So following the instructions, I imparted a small and subtle bending force to opposite ends of the trim tab, and slowly the edge spacing dissapted from 1/8" down to 1/32". Seeing that the trim tab was aligned, I checked the alignment of my drilled and dimpled holes. Noticing their still present status, I installed the pulled rivets on each end, and then rechecked my work. It was thankfully still 1/32". Not pressing my luck, I stopped took pictures of absolutely everything, and fired off a long email to Vans walking through my experience. The reply I received back was that the alignment was okay and that I was good to go. I was relieved.