Welcome to the Builder's Log for my RV-8. (The photo above is Chris Pratt's lovely example of an RV-8.)
My goal is to share my photos and document my project in a way that might help fellow builders, and also keep me motivated. Perhaps I can get this airplane finished before I get too old to fly it.
The latest iteration of N18XL will feature:
- All-glass cockpit with a Garmin G3X Touchscreen EFIS and a Garmin G5 backup EFIS.
- Garmin GTN650 GPS/com/nav
- Garmin GRT20 remote com
- Garmin GTR45R remote transponder
- Garmin 245 audio panel
- TruTrak DigiFlight II VSVG autopilot
- Weather, ADS-B and all the cool new stuff.
- 195-hp AeroSport IO-375 parallel-valve engine (horizontal induction)
- Whirlwind 200RV constant-speed prop
- A great paint scheme that will make me feel like I'm back flying fighters in the Air Force.
- Over 70 custom modifications that will make this a one-of-a-kind, personalized, traveling machine.
- Room for a tent and camping gear, which will be my only shelter after going broke from buying all those goodies.
I look forward to sharing the building process with you, and I hope you'll find this log useful and/or interesting!