Welcome to the Builder's Log for my RV-8. (The photo above is Chris Pratt's lovely example of an RV-8.)
My goal is to share my photos, and document my project, in a way that might help fellow builders as they create their own works of aerial art. Perhaps I can get this airplane finished by Oshkosh 2016! (Or maybe 2017. Or 2018...)
N18XL will feature:
- All-glass cockpit with two Grand Rapids Technologies HX 6.5" EFISs and a backup Dynon D10A EFIS.
- Avidyne IFD440 Com/Nav/GPS
- Garmin SL-30 Com/Nav
- Garmin GTX-330 transponder with TIS
- Garmin 340 audio panel
- TruTrak DigiFlight II VSVG autopilot
- XM Weather
- 195-hp AeroSport IO-375 parallel-valve engine (horizontal induction)
- Whirlwind 200RV constant-speed prop
- Over 70 custom modifications that will make this a one-of-a-kind, personalized, traveling machine.
- Room for a tent and camping gear, which will be my only shelter after going broke from buying all those goodies. ;-)
I look forward to sharing the building process with you, and I hope you'll find this log useful and/or interesting!