One thing I've been fighting all through this project is my compressor. It keeps kicking off the breaker and I'm having to run down to the basement and reset it all the time. Also when I'm using the blast cabinet I have to take breaks and let the compressor catch up. Well I finally decided it was time for a new compressor so I picked one up yesterday and set it up. I should have done this a long time ago.
Today I started installing the right wing fuel tanks. I needed to use the blast cabinet and clean the fuel straps. The new compressor made a world of difference. The compressor can keep up with me so no more need to stop and let the compressor catch up.
I machined a counter sink into the top of the fuel bay stiffeners and clecoed it into place. Then I shimmed the right tank into position and made the top straps for the main tank. When I made my tank straps for the other side I made all the straps except for the top of the main tank for this side to. I was starting to fit the rest of the straps when it dawned on me that since everything is already sized I should spray them with primer now. I spent more time prepping parts for primer.