Today the thermometer in the garage shows 95 deg. It was very warm to say the least. The fan blowing helps a lot. I was still not happy with how the elevator control arm was working so I ended up having to come up with a solution to remedy this issue. What I ended up doing was slotting the attachment holes in the fuselage, trimming the turtle deck skins, and adding three new attachment bolts to the center areas of the spar to prevent any movement of the horizontal stabilizer. This whole process would be so much easier if I was going to do it again. View "A" of the plans shows to have the rear spar 3 1/4 inch from the tail. This is a critical measurement to make before drilling the mounting holes for the horizontal stabilizer. I had to adjust the bend in the forward rudder attachment plate. Once everything was aligned and clamped, I drilled the holes in the rudder attachment plate and installed the nut plates. Now with the vertical stabilizer attached and the elevator is working smoothly it was time to make the fairings to cover the area between the vertical stabilizer and the horizontal stabilizer. You basically trace a pattern from the plans, cut it out of .025 sheet of aluminum, bend two sides, and shape using a rolling pin to get the curve right to fit against the turtle deck. The first one took some time to make. The second one seemed like it took just a few minutes and made the first one look really bad. So I threw the first one away and made another. I made the bends first and then rolled it around the rolling pin. I found this tool at harbor freight that made bending the angle easy since I don't own any type of metal brake. What it is is a flat piece of slotted metal that was 18 inches long. One side had a 1/2 inch slot and the other had a 1 inch slot.