Good day in the shop today. I started off the day by using a jig that I built that would allow me to drill all the holes at once in each inspection cover. I drilled out each hole with a #28 bit, which is what the avery chart called for. I then used a #30 countersink which worked out well. I read on the VAF that a good countersink diameter is .312, so I set up my digital caliper and adjusted my countersink tool.
After I got all the #6 holes countersunk I moved on to the rivet holes that will hold the platenuts in place. These were pretty easy and I did not use any type of jig. I was able to get all the holes countersunk.
After all the #8, #6 and -3 rivet holes were counter sunk I deburred all the holes. I need to run out and get some more primer and some scotchbrite pads. Tomorrow morning Ill prime all the holes and maybe start on the tie down brackets.