I lightly sanded the inside of the lower cowl where the hinges will reside. Then, I mixed up some resin and added flox to stiffen the mixture—spread this inside the cowl along the hinge line. I clecoed on the hinge and inserted a few rivets to make sure the holes would align. I used AN426A3-4 rivets which are just a bit softer than regular AD rivets. Squeezed in 32 rivets—then came time for clean up which took longer than squeezing the rivets. I used a small screwdriver to remove the excess resin/flox between the eyelets on the hinge. If this is not removed, the eyelets are partially blocked resulting in either a difficult or impossible pin insertion. After one side was done, I mixed up another batch of resin/flox and did a repeat on the opposite side of the cowl. While this was curing, I made 2 small clips that tie the side baffles together. Next, I bolted on the snorkel and marked it for trim where it meets the left forward ramp. Removed and cut off the excess with my dremel, then sanded.
Riveted left side hinge
Inside shot of left hinge
R. hinge-notice difference where excess resin removed from eyelets