Brief Description: Fitting pants together, cut L. air dam
My wheel pants didn’t have a flush fit between the front and rear half¬-the front half sits higher than the aft anywhere from flush to 1/16”. So, looks like I need to build up the aft half for a smooth transition. I scuffed up about an inch of the front lip of the rear pant and then applied clear packing tape to the aft edge of the front half of the pant. I attached the two halves together with #6 screws. I mixed a batch of resin and micro to make a thick paste—then added a small amount of flox. I applied this along the edge of the pants using a credit card. While this was drying, I moved to another issue. My #2 cylinder runs hotter than the other cylinders—someone suggested the air intake was robbing some of the air. I removed the temp probe and stuck it in a pan of boiling water—the probe reads accurately. I marked a ½” line on the top of the air dam and inserted some scrap .040” behind it. Used my dremel to cut off the top, cleaned it up and shot some primer on. We’ll see if this help even out the CHT’s. Now the micro was dry, so I separated the halves and sanded the transition area on the rear half. I need one more coat of micro to finish it out, then I can move to the intersection fairing attachments.