Brief Description: Removed sanding primer from upper cowl
Good news—bad news. I inspected the cowls and only found 1 pin hole. However, I can see lots of scratches in the surface that the sanding primer did not cover. So, I used a #120 grit to remove the sanding primer on the upper cowl. From there I sanded with #220 grit and finally with #400 grit. This took care of most of the scratches—also took off a good bit of the resin/acetone that had been previously applied. Although some of the thin glass remains, looks like it will take another round of resin/acetone, then sanding primer etc. If this doesn’t take care of the scratches, I plan to leave it for the painter. I’ve put in more than enough time on this dang cowl—really need to move on to something else.