Brief Description: Lower cowling hinges, GPS antenna mount
Long day in the shop today. I started by mixing some flox which I applied to the left vertical side hinge area on the lower cowl. Clecoed the hinge on, the began squeezing the 16 rivets that hold the hinge. I used AN426AD3-4.5 per the plans. I had planned to use the flox mixture for both sides, but it set up too quickly. I used a small screwdriver to remove all of the flox mixture from between the eyelets of the hinge, making sure none of the goop got inside the eyelets. This took as much time as squeezing in the rivets. I mixed up another batch and spread on the opposite side—also filled the 6 holes on each side of the bottom of the cowl—more on this later. I followed the same steps as the previous side. Ended up wasting about half of the flox mix each time because it gelled rather quickly in the heat.