Post 1. I removed the 13” disc from the nose of the cowlings and began the process of sanding. I started by block sanding the face—didn’t take much, it is almost perfectly flat (except for a couple of places which didn’t get enough goo). I used a 1.5” drum sander in my electric drill to cut away most of the excess resin inside the nose as well as some on the outside . From there it was all hand sanding. There are still several spots that need a small amount of additional filler. I blew the dust off with compressed air and cleaned with acetone. I mixed a batch of resin--I spread this with a credit card on the face of the nose to begin the pin hole dance. Then I added micro to make a very thick mixture which I spread into the low spots. More sanding tomorrow!