Brief Description: Fit lower cowl to bottom, drilled lower hinges
I went thru the process of removing, sanding, re-installing and check fit of lower cowl 4 times—doing this solo is a bit time intensive. While the cowl was off, I removed the cowl side lower hinge pieces, laid out holes and drilled to 1//16”. I put a light in the lower cowl on each side and zip tied them into position to shine on the hinge pieces. Re-installed the lower cowl—fit looks ok. I drilled thru the cowl into the holes I could see in the hinges. I drilled two holes to 1/16” to verify alignment, then drilled the cowl and hinge to #40. The cowl is beginning to get pretty solid now. I marked the sides of the lower cowl for the vertical trim and removed the cowl. I’ll get them trimmed next session and also start on the vertical hinge parts. I stopped to re-arrange the shop and give it a good cleaning. Tomorrow, the local EAA chapter is coming for a project visit.