Brief Description: Added some resin to r. tip to hold shape
Short time in the shop today. I opened up the split in the right flap just a little more, and sanded the edges. I put some tape around the inboard portion of the tip near the very aft end to pull the split together. This was a bit of trial and error in order to get the tip to match the aileron, but I did get there—also put a spring clip at the end of the split. I mixed up some resin with a heavy dose of flox and spread it in the split and along the sides. I will let this harden so that I can handle the tip without changing the shape where it was split to make a good alignment. Next, I’ll add some glass on the inside and get the trailing edge shaped to match the curvy bend in the aileron. Noted this before, but the resin seems very slow to heat up—the temp is in low 50’s, so I suppose this is probably the culprit.