2 steps forward and 3 steps back! After lunch today, I went out and opened the canopy—only mildly stuck. I had a nice close fit between the fairing and the skirt—too close as I soon learned. I trimmed the aft end of the lower fairing that slides over the skirt. Looks too thin so I’ll need to add a couple of more layers. I went to shut the canopy, but it hits the end of the fairing. CRUD! I can slide a ruler under the fairing and lift it slightly and then slide the skirt forward, but that’s hard to do both sides at the same time. I sanded the inside lip of the fairing—still won’t close. I cut it back ½”—still no good, so I cut it off even with the end of the forward skin. I sanded down the area that still had 3 layers of glass, then taped up everything. Last time I had only 1 layer of blue tape and some clear packing tape on the skirt. Guess I need more clearance, so I layed down 4 layers of blue tape and 2 layers of electrical tape followed by the clear packing tape. Hopefully this will leave a small gap that the skirt can slide under. Cut 3 strips of 1” glass and 1 strip of 4” wide glass. Wet it and applied. I’ll add more if this takes care of the clearance problem. If not, I may fly without a $#)&^&@ fairing!