KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  8-7-2015
Number of Hours:  5.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Windscreen fairing-3

I ripped off the peel ply--the glass was good and cured, so I commenced with sanding. I used 80 grit (should have picked up some 60). I also cut some 3/4” and 1.25” PVC pipe to about 6” lengths. I wrapped the sandpaper around them and began sanding. The larger PVC worked pretty well for the center of the joint and the smaller piece worked better along the edges. I sanded the edges down into the red tape, but stopped short of hitting the yellow layer beneath. After sanding, I blew all the dust off and removed the red tape. The fairing looks ok, but will require additional work. There are a couple of spots where I got down to the plexi along the edge—will need to fill and sand more. I think in these areas the glass may have slipped down just a bit. Next, I ran a new line of red tape over the yellow—ready for some resin/flox and more sanding.
' style=

Begin sanding

Begin sanding

' style=

More sanding

More sanding

' style=

First sanding done

First sanding done

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.