Brief Description: Quadrant & cable install, governor work
Worked on the control cables/throttle quadrant and still not done. I probably installed and removed the quadrant & cables a dozen times and will need to do it at least one or two more times—much adjusting to get the levers to make a full throw both directions and end up evenly. Then, adding the cotter pins to the clevis pins turned out to be a project all in itself. I discovered that the 3 holes in the gear tower don’t exactly line up with the three holes that hold the cables in the quadrant. I opened them up a little and it is closer, but will require making one the holes into more of an oval. Part of all the installing/removing of the quadrant was getting the holes aligned—didn’t want to make any larger holes than necessary. I’ll attack this quadrant again tomorrow—hopefully I can finish and declare victory. So, I turned to governor. I removed the safety wire and 6 screws that hold the back end on. Don’t know why they needed safety wire—screws must have been torque to 1000 in/lbs. Anyhow, I removed them and rotated the back plate about 120 degrees so that the cable will now line up with the control arm. The holes in the cable bracket didn’t exactly line up with the holes in the rear plate of the governor. There are 3 attach holes in the bracket. I opened one of the end holes up by going up one drill size from the existing hole. Now the center and one end are ok, but the other end will need more relief.