Tonight I added terminals to connect the Dynon transponder to power and ground. I l also, terminated the pilot/copilot mic & phone cables. A few years back I ran wiring for the mic & phones using 3 conductor 20 gauge shielded wire. Tonight I discovered that the hi density pins for the Garmin 240 will only accept 22 gauge wire. I decided to remove several strands off so that the 20 gauge wire will fit the pins. I ran this by an avionics installer and was told this was acceptable. After carefully picking off 5 to 6 strands to fit, I found a faster method. When stripping the leads, I used a 22 gauge stripper and the remaining wire fit just fine in the hi density pins. I prepped all 12 of the leads (waiting on a tool to crimp on the hi density pins). The shielded portion of the cables needs to be attached to a ground point on the radio tray. I haven’t had much luck with solder sleeves, so used a method I saw on the Aeroelectric site. I “unstranded” the shielding using an awl. Then picked off 5 or 6 strands. I twisted the remaining shielding and cut it to 3/8” length. I laid a ground wire over this and used the 5 strands to wrap the ground wire and shielding together. I soldered the joint and added shrink tubing.