Next I put the nose pant on. I had to think about where would the tow bar fit to pull the airplane. I finally realized the holes for the fairing bolt needed to be enlarged to accept the tow bar onto these bolts. I have been pulling be the axel bolts. I think these bolts forward of the axel may make pulling and pushing a bit easier.
The leg fairing and the nose pant went on fine. But I had never finished the intersection fairing at the top of the leg fairing to cowl interface. It did not fit well. I need to trim it and reshape it.
The shape was so rough I almost decided to make a new one with custom fit, but first I tried to reshape it with heat. Turns out that works a bit. I clamped the little fairing in place on a piece of wood and applied heat. Then let it cool. The fairing changed shape and stayed changed after cooling. I was able to make it shut fully and then bend it to flat and finally I made an indention for the lower cowl plate.
I used platenuts to install the final nose gear transition fairing. I did not have to remove cowl to do this. i used pulled rivets to attach the patenuts.
You need the top fairing in order to hold the leg fairing. It is either all or non for the nose gear.