There are a whole series of little tasks that need to be completed. Today I started down the list and went after three I knew would take some time. The rudder cable fairings, rudder stops and elevator up stop needed to be riveted. To gain access meant disassembling the tail completely. After pulling the rudder, VS and HS I could get to work.
The cable fairings were dimpled, but the fuselage skin was not. Using a special tool I got from Averys I was able to dimple the fuselate skin to accept the fairings. Riveting was completed quickly. On the inside is an Adel clamp that holds a plastic tube in place. You can not see it from the photos but that also was installed on both sides.
Next was the rudder stops; drilling, deburring, countersinking and riveting. I am assuming there was a small amount of movement during the riveting process. The stops are a little large so any movement can be handle by a small amount of sanding. I will double check once the rudder is back in place.
Finally there were three rivets on the elevator up stop that I could not reach with the Vertical Stabilizer in place. I finished those day as well. The Horizontal Stabilizer is back on the aircraft. I plan on torquing those bolts tomorrow.