Brief Description: Trimming the Stiffeners, Riveting the Left Elevato
I did a lot of work on the elevators today. First I had to prep the replacement skin for the right elevator. I smoothed the edges, match drilled the holes to the understructure and then dimpled all the holes. I also ordered new stiffeners so I trimmed and prepped those as well. They were then dimpled.
I primed the new skin and stiffeners as well as the new trim tab skin that I ordered. All with Sherwin Williams P60G2.
I back riveted all of the stiffeners to both elevators. I finally ended up perfecting the back riveting process and ended up using a pressure of about 50 psi on the rivet gun.
I bent the trailing edges of both elevators using the 2x8 brake and the hand seamer. They both came out really well.
I riveted together the understructure for both elevators.