KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Matt's Hangar
' style=
Date:  12-15-2015
Number of Hours:  5.00
Manual Reference:  D-37
Brief Description:  More gear bow work

Well - I didn't get what I planned to get done, imagine that. As it turns out, for whatever reason (I haven't researched it yet), the ears that I had so nicely done weren't parallel with the MG-3 blocks in the fuselage... WTH? Honestly, I don't know what happened, but I do know how I'm going to fix it, and it's going to cost me a bit of weight.

Anyway, I spent the night boring the holes (which were right) with the counterbore tool (1 1/8"), fixing the countersinks on the MG-2's with my new carbide countersink tool, and fixing the flub-up on the ears.

I laid up 16 plies of varying width on each ear to get them parallel to eachother as well as parallel to the MG-3's in the fuselage. Didn't take all that much time, and I'll have a little to sand off, but it's done - just have to wait until next session now to fix it all up.
' style=

Boring at work.

Boring at work.

' style=

Nice fresh hold bored.  There is about a 0.001 clearance.

Nice fresh hold bored. There is about a 0.001 clearance.

' style=

Jig made in the 1 1/8 tube to guide the counterbore tool

Jig made in the 1 1/8 tube to guide the counterbore tool

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2020 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.