Brief Description: More Aileron Pushrods, Flap Hinge Modification
I drilled the longer aileron pushrods, riveted the end pieces with the MK319BS pulled rivets and sprayed them with primer.
I used my pipe cutter to make the spacers for the aileron attacments. I think I need a new blade now as the last two took forever. Even wearing gloves, I managed to get some major blisters.
I adjusted the rod end bearings to the proper distance and attached the pushrods to the bell crank with the jig. I mounted the ailerons to the wings and then clamped a piece of aluminum angle to the wing bisecting the tooling holes in the ribs and aligned the trailing edge of the aileron to it. I adjusted the shorter aileron pushrods to the proper length. I still need to rivet and prime them before permanently attaching them.
I began working on the flap hing modification on the right flap. I removed one hinge loop from the flap side of the hinge and two loops from the wing side near the middle of the hinge where the hinge rods could be attached to the flap spar. I cut the hinge in half and bent the two pieces to 90 degrees and then downward approximately 45 degrees so they would lay flat on the spar. I drilled the spar and attached a K1000-08 platenut using MK319BS pulled rivets. From a scrap piece of hinge, I cut four pieces, each with one loop. I drilled the pieces to #19 so that I could use a #8 screw to attach them to the platenut.