KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

CON'S WEB SITE
' style=
Date:  4-6-2013
Number of Hours:  5.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Started Flaps

I purchased a new air compressor drain from Home Depot to replace the stock Kobalt (Lowes) unit that doesn't last more than a couple of weeks. It is night and day difference in construction. I expect this drain to last for years to come.

Before purchasing the drain, Ginger and I tried used my pancake compressor to shoot some rivets in the top skins. It worked, but not as well as the larger compressor. It might have been related to the different size/construction of hose. I turned the pressure up and we got a row riveted. After getting the larger compressor back in service, we did some more.

I began constructing the flaps. I drilled the ribs to the skins, and the skins to the spars. I got the hinges drilled to spars (I just marked the 1/4" line and lined it up. We will see what kind of edge distance I have on the wing side when I align them with the ailerons). I dimpled the left skin and countersunk the spar. I clecoed the assembly together and called it a day. I'll catch the right side up after Sun-N-Fun.
' style=










Copyright © 2001-2022 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.