I will be using the newer large rudder on this airplane so I also opted for the newer style rudder bellcrank. The original version was welded up 4130 and had a long counter balance are that ran forward of hte bellcrank into the fuselage. I did not like the looks of that set up too well so I was happy there is a cleaner alternative available. With the bigger rudder all the counter balance weight is located in the rudder itself. Anyway, the newer style is a riveted assembly of two steel plates, two aluminum spacers and a flanged bearing. This stuff is provided ready to drill and assembly. The steel parts are cad plated and the aluminum was anodized. This part took me about 1.5 hours to assemble. The rest of the time I spent re-doing the elevator bellcranks that I mis-measured last work session!
Completed rudder bellcrank
"New" elevator bellcrank halves in dye-chem and scribe lines