Over the last two days, it has marked the final part of the process for the painting. Although there are a few areas still requiring correction on the paint work, it was necessary for me to get the aircraft in the air.
I finished the rigging of all the control surfaces including checks on the balancing, had Dan Pearson do a secondary check of all the attachements and signed off the Logs for all of the material changes that have occured.
I went for a short test flight to ensure that there were no issues associated with the handling and then it was onto the first flight with passengers in nearly 5 months.
Andrew MacIntosh was kind enough to take Paul up and run next to us for some aerial shots. Listed below is a few of them.
Thanks Ian, it is staggering what I have learned watching you and there are definitely a sequence of tasks necessary to get a good finish. Once this has occured, then comes the magic on corrections where needed.