Based on the recommendation from Kerry at Sonex, I put the hinge a bit further back. He basically said that I had it out too far and that it was better to have it closer to as called for in the plans and possibly lost a degree or two on down travel. He also warned that putting the hinge farther out could hinder up deflection and that is far worse. I put it all the way back to damn near what was called for originally and low and behold I ended up getting 20 degrees down regardless. I did all this waiting and relocating for nothing more than a learning experience I guess. I got it all deburred and riveted and the tail tips riveted too. I will post the final pics tomorrow. It is late, and I have a fly in to go to in the morning.