These hours accumulated as follows: Date RR CJ 11/18/10 5.3 5.3 19 3.6 21 5.3 4.8 22 3.2 _______________________ 17.4 10.1
The first three days we put in the control cables for the elevator. I had previously put in a trial set of cables using little u-bolts rather than nico presses. When satisfied with that, I took that out and used the supplied hardware and we successfully got both elevator cables in. I recommend two people for this kind of work. In using the nico press, one lowers the tool down on the center press position. At that point I used a caliper to actually measure the left and the right to ensure that we were in the center. Then the center press is made. The other two presses are just eyeballed making sure that there will be a ridge between the presses and at the end.
Then we attached the flaperon control rods and began to align them. Some trouble ensued when I misread the 15 mm offset between the inner and outer sections to be 15 degrees. Of course the mechanism would not support that. This cleared up when I realized the mistake.