I finished the day by drilling all the fastener holes in the top cowl. Gee, this was very stressful work, knowing that the holes needed to perfectly aligned. Again, a wandering unibit was my biggest concern.
I carefully marked each hole using a bolt size guage as my template. Then I carefully drilled using my unibit, but only out to near the guide line. I then continued the hole with a mini half-round file, and passed the unibit back through to get the final finished hole.
This was very slow going, but the final test fit proved it was all worth while.
I've still got four fasteners to finish off, so will continue with this one day this week after work.
Drilling the fastener holes in the top cowl
I used a bolt sizing guage as my hole template
I used a half-round mini file to ensure each hole was properly centred.