Brief Description: Panel labels and rear baggage floor paint
Masked the rear baggage floor and painted black stripes over the areas where the screws will hold it to the substructure. I'll mask off those areas when I apply the truck bed paint to the baggage so that the area under the screws will be smooth.
Sanded the painted instrument panel with 2500 grit sand paper and a 3000 grit sanding pad in preparation to apply the dry transfer labels.
To start off the application of the panel labels I decided to apply the N number since the dry transfer sheet I got from drytransfer.com had a spare N number. In laying out the location of the N number I cut out the indicator light labels and outline box from the transfer sheet and held it over the panel in place over the indicator light holes so that I could judge the distance to place the N number. This was not my best idea as I allowed the label to touch the surface of the panel where it immediately stuck. I pulled it back off and part of the label stayed on the panel. At that point I figured I'd try to salvage it and went ahead and stuck it back down and tried to align the rest of the label box with the part that had broken off but I couldn't get it to align to my satisfaction so I gave up and scraped it off.
Having screwed up on of the labels that I didn't have a spare for I knew I'd be ordering another label sheet so I went ahead and applied the labels for the switches on the lower LH and RH panel figuring if I screwed them up I'd include them on the new sheet.
When I designed the layout of the sheets I had included circles representing the holes for the switches spaced the proper distance from the labels. This allowed for easy location of the labels and lines. To locate them I just had to cut out the backing sheet with all of the labels, lines and switch circle cut outs and place the sheet on the panel with the circles over the holes. I then used a burnishing tool to rub over the letters and lines until the backing sheet released from the labels.
The labels for both the LH and RH switches were completed