Since I decided to route the mixture cable under the engine, I needed a longer cable because the 55 inch van's supplied cable wouldn't reach the fuel servo. I bought a second throttle cable which is 60 inches long and is just the right length. Tonight I removed that 55 inch cable and replaced it with the 60 inch cable. This wasn't an easy task now that the fuselage is closed up and on its gear. I had to sit in the pilot’s seat to do most of the work removing and replacing the throttle quadrant and had to climb in and out a number of times to get tools and hardware.
Hooked the cable up to the mixture arm and adjusted the linkage. I don't quite have enough throw to hit both the idle cutoff stop and the full rich stop. I'm not sure I'm getting full throw on the cable. I'll probably need to remove the throttle quadrant again to adjust it.