KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Christophers Web Site
' style=
Date:  2-6-2013
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Front center spar

My elevator wasn't completly cured today and I wanted to make some kind of progress so I finally talked myself in to gluing my main spar. I have probably jigged it up at least ten times over the past couple of months but I was too scared to glue it. I finally mustered up the courage and went for it. I clamped one spar cap down onto the ply shear web after generously applying glue. Then I applied glue to all of the verticals and clamped them in using the top spar cap to apply even pressure. It has duct tape on it as a mold release. I used too much glue intentionally to prevent any starved joints. After everthing was clamped I verified that all of the verticals were perftectly square. Then I removed the excess glue with the curved side of a popsicle stick to leave a nice fillet
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.