Brief Description: Final DrillSkins and Ribs of L-Flap
22-5: Steps 1 - 6: Pretty much followed the instructions as in the plans. Found leading edge skins so tight that they overlapped some so disassembled and sanded edges then reassembled. They fit better but had one tight spot that I fixed after final diassembly. Used cleco clamps to match drill hinge bracket flanges being they were not perfectly mated. The bend angle was not such that the flange was parallel with the major surface. I adjusted the bends in the vice after disassembly hoping that the alignment was not compromised. I did the ones for the right flap so as not to forget. Used a 3-cutting edge bit to counter sink the TE wedges instead of the single bit (which I get better cuts from but tend to break easily). Results were satisfactory with minimum of chattering. In fact the results were as good as the other bit once I got the hang of it. Electric drill worked better as RPM was to fast for this bit using air drill.
Long day. I'm tired.
LE skins overlapped some so had to sand edges to allow clearance.
Match-drilling hinge bracket flanges
Used 3 edge bit in cage that worked better than singe cutting edge used on ailerons.