Got a little bit ahead of myself after drilling the top elevator skin, clecoing to ribs then flippinng over to enlarge the bottom skin holes. Meant to insert the 2x3 supports I had just cut but instead just left the elevator sitting on the clecos. After drilling out a few hoes I realize the supports were missing so when I inserted them I made a quick inspection of the top surfaces where I discovered a cleco smiley. Resting a part on clecos is one thing, applying work loads while resting on clecos is a known bad idea. Another workmanship demerit.
I also made a conscious decision to make the hinge line spacing on the elevator different from the spacing on the stabilizer. There is no funcitional compromise but the mis-match looks like an oversight, even though left-to-right symmetry is maintained. In hindsight the best way to ensure identical hole locations between these two parts would be to line up the skin blanks edge-to-edge - with the hinge centered also - and lay out all the rib lines at the same time. However, doing the math using dimensions from the drawings reveals there is still some tweaking that must be done to make the holes line up perfectly; that is unless the hinge rivet lines are made independent of the rib lines.