Continued to fit the horizontal stab by aligning the stab with the horizontal axis. Measured and drilled the outboard pilot holes trough the HS-714 angle and longerons. Fabricated the F-798 shims, positioned them and drilled to fit the HS-714. Enlarged the holes to final size and bolted the HS in place. Shimed the aft spar on the HS to 3/16" and measured from top of the aft deck to the tooling holes to set the 0 degrees incidence. In order to get the measurements exact I had to increase the shim at the HS aft spar to 1/4" The measurements were right on and 0 degrees incidence was set. I clamped everything nice and tight and drilled the aft HS spare and F-711C. Bolted all in place temporarily and installed the elevators. Lined up the control horns and bolted the pushrod in place, as you can see there is no offset in the controls horns at all... Everything lined up perfectly, I called it a night, I did not want anything to spoil my good mood at that point. I can breathe a little easier now.
I balanced the elevators roughly when I was building them... final tweaks when all is painted. I checked the movement from the stick, it is so smooth and feather light. Love the way things are designed with pushrods... Everything seems so solid and percise.