Pictures don't show much detail today. I clamped the Stab to the bench and installed the elevators. Aligned and clamped the elevators to the stab at the counter weight locations as described in the plans. The elevator control horns were so closely aligned I could not tell which one was further aft. So I picked one to use as the stating point. Measure per the plans and drilled my pilot hole. I fabricated a hard wood block with guide hole and fitted it between the control horns, made sure everything was aligned and clamped and drilled the pilot hole in the second horn. I removed the elevators and carefully enlarged the holes to final size and deburred.
Then I started fitting the Horizontal Stab to the fuselage... by that I mean I set it in place and temporarily clamped it for now, and began to study the books and plans.