When I first installed dsub pins into the connector on the VP-X, I had used heat shrink around the wire and base of the pin. This is a no-no if you ever want to remove a pin. I cut all the wires off, stripped again and crimped on new pins. Inserted the pins into the connector. This was for the connections that run to all the switches. Next I crimped on barrels to the ends of the trim motor wires and inserted them into the connector. Tied up all the wiring in the towers—sure helped to straighten out some of the nest of wiring. I bonded a terminal strip to the floor of the fuselage with GOOP. I plan to tie all of the nav/strobe wiring from the wings and tail together at this terminal block, so that there is only one set of wires running to the VP-X.
More VP-X wiring
Getting wiring more organized-still have a ways to go