Brief Description: Install inst subpanel, rivet bulkhead cap
I determined that I had shot a few too many coats of clear sealer over my labels since they appeared not as crisp as yesterday. I used a block with 400 grit sand paper and removed some of the sealer—it brought the sharpness back. Better leave well enough alone and move on, so I installed the F-803B subpanels. These are secured to the fuselage side skin with 2 rivets on each side. Got out the gun and started banging away. The first rivet set a little proud, but the next 3 were good. I drilled out the first one and drove a new rivet—darn, it set slightly proud also. Drilled it out and tried again. This one set nice and flush. Next, I got out the pop riveter and installed the F-804N-1 bulkhead cap using CS4-4 rivets (all except for 5 holes that couldn’t be dimpled—used LP4-3’s on them). Then, I secured the plastic brake lines—think all the little bubbles are gone. I split some clear vinyl tubing to slip over the plastic lines. There are several locations where the lines came in contact with various parts. Checked brake and rudder operation to ensure the lines did not bind. I added in the baggage floor with clecos and was about to install with screws when I realized I needed a cotter pin on the left brake/rudder pedal. I had removed the left master cylinder to re-seal a seeping fitting a couple weeks back. So, I’ll have to remove the baggage floor before moving on.