KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  10-2-2016
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  8-70
Brief Description:  Baggage Door Redux-1

Today began the redux of the forward baggage door. The first one just didn’t fit well enough—hope the 2nd one is better. In looking back at my earlier logs, when I built the first door, the top skin was only clecoed on and I did not have the cowl in place (hadn’t even started on the cowl). Part of getting a good fit is having the top skin and firewall in a stabilized and permanent position—anyway not having done that is what I believe contributed to the poor fit. We shall see. Following the builders manual, I deburred the edges of the forward and aft ribs, the outboard rib, both inner and outer skin and the F-873F-1 angle. Then I removed some portions of the blue vinyl with a soldering iron. I clecoed the assembly together and used a 7/16” unibit to open up the tooling holes in the ribs for the latch pins. I laid the door in place on the fuse—it will require some slight trimming of the outer door skin to fit the opening on the fuse.
' style=

All parts deburred,vinyl removed

All parts deburred,vinyl removed

' style=

Door clecoed together

Door clecoed together

' style=

Initial trial fit-will need some trimming

Initial trial fit-will need some trimming

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.