Sometimes the apparently simple things turn out to be trouble. I applied some blue RTV sealant to the NACA vent and clecoed it to the fuselage. And things went sour. First rivet swelled between the vent and skin—drilled it out, cleaned up the hole and tried again. This time the bar slipped off and the rivet was smashed sideways. Drilled it out, but now it looks like it may require an opps rivet. Not expecting any better outcome a third time, I drilled all the holes out to #30 and dimpled for a 1/8” rivets. I then used pop rivets to secure the vent. Not exactly what I wanted, but I also didn’t want to keep at it until I dinged up the fuse skin either. Turned out ok. Next, I turned to the control column that had a bit of play in it. Filed the bushings just a little and got most all of the play out. Ready to reinstall, but may want to consider a transponder antenna mount first—need to give this some more thought.