Brief Description: Prep cockpit for paint, other misc items
Today I took care of some rather miscellaneous items. I had 4 holes left to rivet on each side at the aft end of canopy rail. The very aft 2 holes on each were difficult to get the bucking bar on so I installed Cherrymax rivets. I shot & bucked rivets in the forward 2 holes. I located a cabinet lock at Home Aircraft Depot, and installed in the forward baggage door. Next, I removed the rollbar and deburred all holes that were drilled when it was originally installed. I also removed the Andair fuel valve and the instrument panel. I wiped down all of the forward cockpit area with Naphtha in preparation for painting. Tomorrow I will begin tape off all of the parts not to be painted.