Rechecked measurements for drilling the HS front spar. I began drilling the right outboard hole using my right angle drill attachment with a #40 bit. Well, should have used a #30 like the plans said. Going thru 5 layers of material was a bit too much. The bit wants to grab each time it hits a new layer—and then it twisted off! Since I had everything aligned so well, I just left the broken bit in the hole and drilled the next 3 holes to #30, adding clecoes as I went. I then drilled the hole next to the broken bit to #19 and finally to #12. I was unable to drill from the bottom-I could not get the drill perpendicular to each hole. I removed the HS and was able to extract the broken bit without much issue. I attached the HS once again, checked for level and bolted up the one hole previously drilled. I then drilled each hole to #19 and to #12, adding bolts as I went. Then I drilled the rear attach holes to #13 and reamed to #12. Checked again for level—everything still 0.0. The measurement from rear of the HS tip to the second rivet in the canopy rail is within 1/16” on each side—close enough for me. Next up-mount the VS.