Brief Description: F841 & F840 elevator control tubes
I had previously cut the F940 to proper length. I used the Van’s folding paper method to locate and mark the 6 holes on each end of the tube. Had to run a dremel with sanding drum in each end of the tube to the rod end bearing in. Drilled the six holes to #40, then to 1/8” and finally reamed to #30. Removed the ends and deburred all holes. I took a rag which I dipped in MEK and forced thru the F841 tube several times. Did the same thing on the F840 tube. Then I taped up on end of each of the tubes. Tomorrow I plan to pour primer in each and coat the inside. Sure hope this works better than the aileron tubes—that process ended up with a large puddle of primer on the shop floor!