KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  8-18-2011
Number of Hours:  1.50
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Elevator control tubes

Match drilled eight holes in the F841 and the bearing cap to #40. Then I drilled each of them up to a 1/8” and finally used a #30 reamer to finish. Marked the tube and cap so that I can get the same holes lined up when ready for final assembly. To remove the cap, I dropped a 4’ piece of PVC pipe in one end and after several droppings, the cap popped out. Deburred and cleaned up the holes. Then I used a large tubing cutter to cut the F841 to proper length. Well, this could have gone better. The cutter tried to creep up the pipe, kinda like a threaded screw. Left a slight groove on the good side (naturally!). After finishing the cut, I used a file to remove some material and eliminate the groove. Now my tube is 1/32” short. I don’t think this will be a problem, but if I come up too short, I will just get a longer threaded end to screw into the bearing cap. Now, for the next issue. This tubing cutter also left the end slightly out of round. I used a tapered rivet block to try to round it back up. Also had to put a very small taper on the end of the bearing cap to get it started in the tube. Fought this about half an hour-finally got wise and coated the bearing cap with BoeLube. Once I got the cap started, it was easy to drive in with a rubber mallet. Drilled the holes #40, 1/8” and reamed to #30. Dropped my PVC pipe in several (quite a few) times until the cap popped out. Whew—disaster averted. I could see large $$’s if I had to order new tube and bearing caps. Cleaned & deburred, ready to start the F840 now.
' style=

Drilling #40 holes up to 1/8

Drilling #40 holes up to 1/8"

' style=

Match reaming to #30

Match reaming to #30

' style=

Bearing end caps & F841 tube

Bearing end caps & F841 tube

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.