KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  11-26-2016
Number of Hours:  2.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Added filler for upper/lower transition

On the left side of the cowl near the pin cover, I had an area where the upper and lower cowl were not flush with each other. Also, the pin cover opening had a larger gap on the aft side than I wanted. The blanks for the covers are supposed to allow for a paint gap, but the left side seemed excessive. I cut the blank pin cover down on the scotchbrite wheel so that I can fill the gap with micro. I sanded the area and wrapped the pin cover in packing tape. I also added packing tape to the lower cowl where the joint between the upper and lower did not line up. I mixed up some micro and spread it on the upper cowl and into the excessive gap at the back of the pin cover. After the micro had hardened, I removed the tape and the pin cover. I sanded the area with 120 grit and then with 320 grit. Now, where the upper & lower cowls mate, there is a smooth transaction and I don’t have an excessive paint gap around the pin cover. I shot a light coat of sanding primer—will probably need another coat, then I’ll shoot some primer. I also worked on my canopy latch arm which was way too tight. I relieved the inside of the latch arm with a small sanding drum on my dremel. That seemed to cure the issue.
' style=

Added micro to fix mis matched cowlings

Added micro to fix mis matched cowlings

' style=

Sanded and shot with sanding primer

Sanded and shot with sanding primer

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.