KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  9-14-2016
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Upper cowl done-lower needs final primer

I went over the upper cowl one more time very lightly with #400 grit paper, cleaned it up and shot it with NAPA 7220 primer. I set the cowl aside and began sanding the lower cowl on which I had previously spread a 50/50 mixture of resin and acetone. I began sanding with #220 grit then went back over it with #400 grit paper. Then I shot a coat of sanding primer and left it to dry. Back to the upper cowl—I lightly sanded the primer and shot another coat. After it had dried, I removed some tape and paper I had in place to prevent overspray on the white underside of the cowl. I had taped a line between the edge of the cowl inlet and the beginning of the upper air ramp. Hmm, looks like some of the resin had overlapped the tape enough where it wouldn’t turn loose. I ended up having to sand the joint to remove a thin edge of tape. So, tomorrow, I’ll mask it off and get some primer on one side and hi-temp paint on the other side. This cowl seems to be the gift that just keeps on giving! Other than the tape boo-boo, the upper cowl looks good enough to fly until it gets painted. Hopefully, the lower cowl in not far behind.
' style=

Upper done--almost

Upper done--almost

' style=

Air ramp needs touch up

Air ramp needs touch up

' style=

Lower cowl with sanding primer

Lower cowl with sanding primer

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.