KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  9-9-2016
Number of Hours:  6.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  More cowling work

This log covers several work sessions. I sanded the upper cowl a bit more with #400 grit paper, cleaned it up and shot a very light coat of sanding primer. While drying, I checked the lower cowl—I can see sanding marks, so a shot some sanding primer on a couple of areas as a test—still see the marks, so I began the process of sanding off all of the primer. I started with some #80 grit paper until I had most of the sanding primer removed, then switched to #120 grit. My plan is to finish up with #220 grit and then apply a 50/50 mixture of resin and acetone. Out of everything I have tried, this seemed to work best on the top cowl. The following session, I lightly sanded the upper cowl with #400—looks like another light shot of sanding primer should be sufficient and then I’ll follow with a coat of 7220 primer. There are no pin holes anywhere on the cowl. However, there are 3 minor blemishes around the nose. I sanded the 3 areas and applied some SuperFil. After it dried, I sanded the areas and shot some sanding primer on them. That took care of 2 of areas—the 3rd spot needed a little more work, so more SuperFil, more sanding and more primer. Looks good-better stop while I’m ahead!
' style=

Lower-sanding primer gone

Lower-sanding primer gone

' style=

Upper-ready for final sanding primer

Upper-ready for final sanding primer

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.