KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  8-10-2016
Number of Hours:  6.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  More cowling work-3

The heat continues here as well as the sanding/filling on the cowling. I don’t seem to be making much headway on this dang cowling. Over the past few days, I sanded everything off of the lower cowling using #80 grit and started over. I had been using a mixture of resin with a slight amount of micro mixed in—it was probably making the pin hole issue worse, plus I couldn’t really tell that it was filling the grain in the honeycomb area or the weave in the glass area. This time I used straight resin and mixed in an equal amount of acetone. I brushed this on and put it aside to cure. I checked this evening and it did leave a very slick shell over the surface. Tomorrow, I’ll lightly sand out the brush marks—and, if there are no glaring problem areas, I’ll try another coat of resin/acetone. On the upper cowling, I have a couple of coats of sanding filler/primer, but at just the right angle in the sun, I can see some of the grains. UGG! Probably have to take it back down to the bare glass and start over. I’ll wait to see how the bottom turns out. In gauging my progress so far, I probably should have taken the cowling to the paint shop and told them to fix it! Only took one pic tonight--they all seem to look the same.
' style=

Lower with resin/acetone bruhed on

Lower with resin/acetone bruhed on

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.