Brief Description: Rivet right hinge to upper cowl
I got up real early today and was in the shop at 6AM—trying to beat the heat. I mixed up some resin with flox and spread it along the right side of the hinge line on the upper cowl. I clecoed on the hinge and inserted a few rivets to insure alignment. I began squeezing rivets, removing clecoes, inserting rivets, squeezing—etc. All were squeezed with no problems. I did use AN426A-3-4 rivets which are a little softer than the “AD” rivets. I used a small screw driver to remove all excess epoxy between the hinge eyes—also made certain there was none inside the eyes. The clean up takes longer than setting the rivets. I had planned to rivet the hinge of the oil door to the cowling, but the resin had already “cooked” in the cup. Even with the early start, the temps make the resin set up pretty fast. I hope to get the other side tomorrow.