I cut a piece of hinge for the lower cowling horizontal attachment, then drew a center line on the hinge. I laid out holes every 1”, center punched and drilled to 1/16”. Then, I drilled them up to a #40. I had to remove the vertical hinge and trim off about ½” on the cowl side so that it would butt up against the horizontal hinge. I clamped the hinge to the cowling and used my angle attachment to drill thru the hinge into the cowling, clecoing as I went along. I let the hinge make a slight rise toward the aft end like the plans show, but I don’t see how that will make the pins any easier to remove. Then, I made a repeat of the process for the right side. Next up is to get the upper hinge drilled to upper cowling.