First up today is to check prop tracking. The Hartzell manual said to set up something with a paper on it so that the blade is about ¼” above the paper. I used a box with a couple pieces of plywood to obtain the correct height. I taped a piece of paper to the wood. Then chocked both front wheels and removed the upper dehydrator plugs. The manual says to rotate the prop opposite of how it normally turns—don’t know why, but I followed the book. I made a pencil mark on the paper, the rotated the prop so the other blade was above the paper. Marked this location also. I measured between the marks—1/16”. The manual shows up to 1/8” difference, so I’m good to go. While the dehydrator plugs were out, I proceeded to safety wire the prop bolts. Oh what fun that was! I marked all of the bolts with a line on the hub—some I had to loosen in order to get the safety wire thru the roll pin, then tightened back to the original line. This way I did not have to re-torque the bolts. I ran the wires between the bolts thru some 1/8” o.d. nylon tubing so that the twisted wire would not saw into the prop hub. I had to do one pair of the bolts 3 times to get an acceptable safety wire job. The other 2 pairs turned out ok. There is not much room between the back of the prop hub and the engine propeller flange. Next, I updated the VP-X settings for the wiring to the seat heaters and the ELT.