Brief Description: Added cotter pins, installed stick boot, paint gap
I had previously installed the front and rear sticks to the control column with plain nuts—think it was when I was originally fitting them. I replaced the nuts with castle nuts, tightened them up and installed cotter pins in each. Next, I ground off a piece of angle holding a d-sub housing where the rear stick wiring connects—it was hanging up in the rear stick cover. I installed the front stick cover with Velcro strips. Next, I worked on the horizontal hinge line for the cowling. After all of the applications of resin, my fit was too tight—there was not clearance for paint at all. I used a hacksaw blade and sawed open the existing line between the upper and lower cowling. The painter recommended a paint gap about the width of a credit card—well, now I have it. I will need to remove the upper cowling so I can fine sand the edge of the cut. I am slowly working on all of the little things before moving to a hangar.